Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Birthday Cake Massacre...



My spotted pony turned 12 today! Twelve, I cannot believe it! When I first met  him just over 6 years ago he was a green little baby and now he's 12 years old. Time flies when you are having fun I guess.

We celebrated his birthday with Friends, Ginny & Jill, and the other kids at the barn today. Yes, I am one of those crazy people who celebrate their "pet's" birthdays & dress them up (much to his dismay). Since I don't have any kids of my own Rio gets to play substitute. Plus the kids at the barn loved it and had a blast.  I always had to celebrate Katie's (my old mare) Birthday on mine since she was a rescue and I had no idea what her Birthday even was so I take full advantage of having a registered Appaloosa with a none birth date. 





First we went for a short ride, and he was so on and so ready to go it was a blast! We even tried a few small cross rails, this time with me riding... no longe line and I felt like I was flying... even if they were only a foot or less! Ginny got on and went for a ride too. I was super proud of her for riding in the big ring with the other more advanced kids... I know it can be intimidating to her! She did great. 

 He was, of course, spoiled rotten with hugs, carrots, apples, granola, and even a piece of carrot cake made especially for him (more on that in a minute).  He got the spa treatment thanks to Ginny who gave him a bubble bath and a massage with the curry comb. And, he is currently enjoying a well earned nap in his stall munching on hay. 

But, what about the title...Birthday Cake Massacre I am sure you are asking...? Back to the cake as promised... this horse eats just about anything! Do you think he liked the gourmet carrot cake I made him with real raisins and carrots....?  

Here's your answer....




Oh well right! We had fun and he deffinitely knows he's loved! Happy Birthday to my spotted pony!


Until next time...


XOXO Rio & Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment