Friday, June 22, 2012

No Rest For The Wicked...



When I think of summer I think of time to rest and relax, time to spend with family and friends, and time to spend riding my horse. I realized being in the teaching profession that may be a bit of an illusion that I need to wake up from. Not everybody gets the whole summer off. Real or not real... apparently God had other plans for me this summer! Not that I'm complaining too loudly. Work and money to pay for the pony is always a good thing.

I haven't ridden or taught a lesson in 2 maybe 3 weeks so there's not much of anything horsey to discuss except that I miss my horse! I've now got a total of 7 tutoring clients, and 3 riding lesson clients that periodically take lessons when I have time which are keeping me busy in their own right. Somewhere along the way I also agreed to teach the art camps at my mom's pottery store. Between the work and all the RAIN riding has been pretty much impossible. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate rain?

I did get to visit my Dad and Bushia and Grandpa last weekend for Father's Day. I haven't spent a Father's Day actually doing something with my dad in probably 10 or 12 years so it was a nice to see him even though it meant coming back to a busy week unorganized.

I am looking forward to a visit from a former riding student of mine this summer! Lauren, who I've watched grow up is coming out from Tallahassee for a visit and I will be taking some time off to spend with her and her mom! So I foresee lots of horsey time in our future if the rain will give us a break! When Lauren started riding with me she was in third grade and she is now a sophomore in high school! Where, I ask you, has time gone?

On a side note, I'm looking for a partial leaser to share Rio's expenses with. I have one other girl who rides him and a friend who gets on him for training purposes maybe once a month so it would be an on site lease 2 x a week shared time with the other 1/3 leaser & myself. If anyone knows of anybody interested who is a responsible teen or adult with intermediate riding skills you can pass my e-mail on to them SamanthaB.EDU@gmail.com

And, if you're looking for something fun to do bring yourself or your kids to Hot Pots and visit me!



Happy Summer Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment