Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's That Yellow Thing In The Sky....?

Could it be... could it really be? The sun has made a reappearance in the "SUNSHINE" state? Its been pointed out to me by my endearing brother-in-law who sometimes takes my facebook quotes a little too literally (I'm not completely stupid... but that's a topic for another day...)  that FL is still very behind in our water levels thanks to dry summers the past two years in a row. But, man I feel like its done nothing, but rain this summer and for someone who loves to be outside and riding the horses its been a major bummer. Thanks to Tropical Storm Debby it felt like we were never going to see the sun again. Mom and I were even joking that we should start building an ark. 

In light of being cooped up inside this week I had to share a cartoon that was just too appropriate, and good for a smile...

 If you haven't heard of Jean Abernathy & Fergus I highly recommend liking her on FB and checking out her website. She is a brilliant artist and Fergus cartoons are always priceless.


On a happy note the sun was back out today! Yeah! With tutoring clients out of town I had some time to enjoy the sunshine with a long overdue trip to the barn. Rio showed again just how great he is walking around the ring sedately with my friend's 3 kids ages 5 and 10 despite not having been ridden or worked in weeks. 





It was so nice to be outside! I think everybody must have felt that way because the normally quiet barn was full of people tonight!


Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride a bit more Friday, Saturday and Sunday I'm looking forward to Christian's lesson... how can I torture... I mean challenge her this week... and riding with Alice & Moon Sunday... yeah for a break in the rain and Moon's new boots!


And, on a side note please pray for the families and animals in Colorado and surrounding states who are dealing with fires and drought! Its heart breaking to see pictures of the devastation there right now. No matter how long I stay away Colorado will always be home to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment