Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Rio!



Birthday Boy



Wednesday April 17'th marked Rio's fourteenth birthday and 8 years under my care and ownership. Wow has time flown by! 


No matter how old I get I will always have a little bit of kid inside me, and yes I am one of those crazy people who celebrate their animal's Birthdays and treat them like family. So you can bet we celebrated this year just like we do every year. But, this year was especially special because I had 3 amazing friends to celebrate along side. 

Rio got his annual overdose of treats including peppermints from his second mom Christian, giant carrots from the farmers market provided by Aunties Megan and Crystal and I brought out apples and cookies... 

I figured since cake wasn't such a huge hit the last two years (see The Birthday Cake Massacre) we'd try sugar cookies.  They were a much bigger hit!



And, while Rio may be turning 14 I think it was me who hit an early midlife crisis. After we finished our treats we spent the afternoon taking pictures and doing stupid things like around the world... pure pressure at its finest ladies and gentlemen. You'll notice I was smart enough to NOT tell my friends about the movie function on my camera until after I'd been successfully hazed into completing the game myself... at which point I let Megan video everyone else... I'm sure they'll be payback coming my way in the not so distant future. 
  
Rio & Christian
We finished out the afternoon with a nice quiet trail ride. It felt a bit nostalgic... like we could have been taken from the pages of the classic kids book series "The Saddle Club" that is near and dear to most preteen horse loving girls of the nineties, 
myself not with standing. Over all it was a great day, filled 
with fun, and I am beyond blessed. 

                                                                                                                                                            


                   

 



















Do not attempt this at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment